You know that your restaurant needs a point-of-sale system, but you have no idea where to start. The market is flooded with products that claim to be the solution you need. But let me warn you, you need to know exactly what you need before you start searching; otherwise you will end up with a product that is not suited to your needs. This may work against you by impeding your business success.
1. The first step is to decide exactly what you want from your POS software. Different restaurants have different requirements depending on their size and the range of services offered. For example, ask yourself if the system should be able to:
• Manage payments by check, card and cash
• Manage split payments
• Track orders using different criteria
• Manage customer data, especially for delivery restaurants
• Monitor employee hours and performance
• Track inventory and sales, and lots more.
Make sure that you list just the functions you need because you will end up getting a system that may be slowed down by too many unnecessary functions. Use this list when shopping around for your restaurant’s POS software.
2. When you start shopping for your new system, be sure to try it out first before committing to purchasing it. This is so that you can be sure the system is easy to learn and user-friendly. Also, find out what extra costs are added for installation and training so that you can allocate a suitable amount for the purchase.
3. Security should be high on your requirements for the restaurant’s POS software. You want to be sure that your customers’ credit card information is secure on the system. You also want to be certain that the different levels of access and roles in the system are highly distinct – there should be no chance of a salesperson accessing records meant for the manager.
4. Another important aspect that you need to look for is a customizable system. You will have unique needs like splitting customer checks and substituting certain menu items. The POS system should be able to adapt to these customer preferences without any difficulty.
5. Visual tracking is one of the most basic, but most critical, aspects of a good restaurant POS software. This ensures that you keep track of different aspects of your business. For example, you can keep track of employees who are performing well, allowing you to reward them accordingly. You can also easily track which menu items are the most popular, giving you the option of offering special discounts on them.
6. You should also consider a system that can be used remotely – allowing you to manage and monitor your business activities even when you are not on the premises.
The Harbortouch POS Software offers your restaurant all these features, and much more. You will be able to select exactly what functionality you want for your unique business – so the system is highly customizable. You also get onsite installation and training for the user-friendly and intuitive interface – so you do not have to worry about spending extra for your company’s training requirements. Security is one of the best features of the Harbortouch system. There are different role and access levels and your customers’ information is securely stored on the system. The Harbortouch also allows you to access your POS software remotely via an Internet connection. This amazing system also keeps track of your inventory, menu items and employee performance – thereby allowing you to streamline your business and focus on what is important: giving your customer the best service possible.